Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Week of Second Year Experience

This picture above expresses a lot of how I felt my first week back into the interior architecture program at UNC-G. I was very stressed and there seemed to have been obstacles hitting me from every direction. There was grouping arrangement within the class of 56 people. The groups contained 13 to 15 people in a group. I really am satisfied with my group, because we have a great sense of communication. However, everyone had to do an individual assignment of way finding. The assignment was not hard, but getting to your assigned destination when you are without transportation can be a big dilemma. After doing the assignment which consisted of drawing or expressing a depiction of how one arrived to their destination. Afterwards, we were to come together as a group and come up with a composition of our entries, which was kind of hard in the beginning, because of everyone's creative ideas. That was while we were in a group of 15. However, later the whole class f 56 had to come together and combine all projects in cohesive composition, and that was even harder, there was a great amount of miscommunication, but somehow we were able to come up with something. Overall, above the group work and finding a way to get around I have enjoyed the first week, and it seem like it is going to be a great semester.

No comments: