Friday, December 7, 2007

Leaf Composition

Here in this image the design visualization class at UNC--G was assigned to draw a leaf that we chose from the outdoors. We had to draw 4x4 squares with 3/4 of space between in a 3x3 grid. Then in each square we were to draw the leaf in different views, using drawing techniques that we learned throughout the semester. Here I have chosen to use smudging, hatching and cross hatching as my shading techniques, there were more shading techniques those were the ones that I enjoyed the most. I have chosen contour, blind contour, and negative space as drawing techniques. Although I hated blind contour, because it looks like scribble when i usually finish, I think I have gotten better because it actually looked like the image or object I was drawing. Overall I enjoyed this assignment.

1 comment:

Liz Brown said...

This is one of my favorite pieces of your work. You have a real knack for understanding shading. The leaves look realistic, and the composition is nice as well. :)